For those with deep religious/spiritual connections to God/higher power, how much do concepts like fatalism and locus of control impact 1) perceptions of personal responsibility for health, 2) health behaviors, and 3) health care utilization?
Are those who are fatalistic more or less likely to:
- take part in preventive health screenings?
- comply with medication recommendations?
- engage in healthy eating and exercise?
- be readmitted to the hospital?
Related validated surveys/questionnaires:
- Religious Health Fatalism Scale
- The Multidimensional Health Locus of Control (MHLC) Scale
- Treatment Self-Regulation Questionnaire