Key Study Personnel:
Pamela J. Jennelle, MS – Principal Investigator
Patricia S. Robinson, PhD, ARNP – Co-Investigator
Kim McManus, PhD– Co-Investigator
Number of Participants:
105 dyads (210 total)
Community-dwelling people with dementia and their unpaid primary caregivers.
- Person with dementia and primary, unpaid caregiver of person with dementia.
- Caregiver/care recipient live independently in the community.
- Care recipient has a FAST Score of 4-6b.
- Care recipient is 65 years old or older.
- Caregiver is 18 years of age or older.
- Caregiver/care recipient can travel to program.
- Agree to participate in all aspects of study intervention and assessments.
- Access to home phone or mobile phone.
- Caregiver is a paid employee of care recipient’s legally appointed representative.
- Either care partner is unable to understand spoken and/or written English.
- Care recipient has early onset dementia (<65 years old).
The intervention will consist of weekly instructor-led sessions consisting of physical, vocal, and theatrically-based exercises. The intervention will be facilitated by trained staff members at the Dr. Phillips Center for the performing arts
- Zarit Burden Interview
- QOL-AD (Quality of Life -Alzheimer's Disease)
- Brief Resiliency Study
Targeted Completion Date:
Questions about Study:
Contact: Pamela Jennelle